Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Beauty in Design Challenge//A Quick Break

I have been so happy to see the interest everyone has had in the challenge! It has definitely been fun to participate with you all and see what you create each week.

We've been holding the challenge for almost three months now, so we'll take a two-week break, starting now and ending on March 1st. In the meantime I'll compile another schedule list and send it out to everyone, so each of you will know when it's your turn to choose the challenge.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beauty In Design // Week 11

* Congratulations to Carli Nicole for winning last week!*

YAY! It's my turn ;)

This weeks challenge is going to be...

Design a mock ad for a camera.

Sounds fun, right?

Yes it does ;)

It doesn't matter what size it is... just go have fun! :)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Beauty in Design Challenge // Week 10

*Congratulations to Emma Margaret for winning last week's challenge!*

Hi all! :)

I've been having a bit of a 'music week'. You know, when you listen to music all the time (while doing school, reading, etc.), and when you're not listening to it, it still plays on in your head. ;P Had one of those before? Most likely.
So, this week's challenge is music inspired. What you're basically to do, is grab your favourite song's lyrics (or the lyrics of the one currently stuck inside your head) and use it to make a desktop wallpaper. You can use only part of the lyrics, if you so wish, just make sure you include the name of the song and of the artist/band. Oh, and if you want, you can also add a YouTube video of the song to your post. I'm sure we'd all like to hear it! ;)

Rules:
1. Create your wallpaper (you can make it the size of your desktop, or mine, which is 1680x1050px, if you'd rather), and write a blog post on your blog about the challenge with your entry.
2. Add a link back here, or include the button.
3. Submit the link to your post in the linkup below.

You can check out my entry here. Have fun! :)