Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beauty in Design Challenge// Week 24

*Congratulations to Liz for winning last week's challenge!*

{We were not able to have a challenge last week because Grace's computer had a virus, unfortunately! She said it's back to normal now, and we'll end up posting her challenge at a later date. ;) }

Hello Everyone, this week it is my turn to come up with the design challenge. I decided to do a tshirt challenge. This week make a design on a tshirt. It doesn't matter what size or what needs to be put on it- just be creative and have fun! :)

Here is my entry. I did this and tried to imitate the Google logo but changed the words.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Beauty in Design Challenge//Week 22

*Congratulations to Bekah for winning last week's challenge!*

Social Media Icon Challenge

This week your challenge is to create unique social media icons.
Here are a few you can do for example: facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+, rss feed, email 
Requirements:
Create a minimum of 4 and max of 6.
Save them as individual PNG files.

Since the challenge is to make them unique I'm not going to put down a specific size. Be creative!

Here are the ones I created:

Have fun!

*Challenge created by Liz*

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Quick Note…

Just in case you didn’t see it, head on over to the main blog to read this important post. Beauty Design Studios will be gone, but the community will keep going! I posted many more details in the post, so be sure to check that out.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Beauty in Design Challenge//Week 21

*Congratulations to Marcia for winning last week’s challenge!*
This week’s challenge is to create an inspirational desktop wallpaper! (I added my entry below as an example)
Rules:
  1. Your wallpaper must have a non-photo background so that the focus is on the words.
  2. You must include an inspirational quote.
Feel free to make your wallpaper whatever size you’d like!

lovingheart

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May Blog Design Contest

I hope everyone is ready for another blog design contest! This month our theme will be the season of spring! The title will be “Life’s a Happy Song” (Taken from one of the songs in the Muppets Movie ;) ), and the goal will be to make a soft, pretty design that captures the season well.

The Rules:

1. The title of the blog must be “Life’s a Happy Song.”
  2. The entire design must be based on the theme. Think soft, warm colors and simple layouts.
  3. You must create your design either on your own blog, or on a test blog.
  4. WordPress, Blogger, and all other blogging interfaces are welcomed!
  5. Entries will be accepted from now until midnight on May 31st, and voting will be held for one week, starting June 1st.
  6. Use your creativity, and have fun!

You can enter in the sidebar - just add the link to your blog, your name, and your email address and you'll be good to go!

Have fun!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Beauty in Design Challenge // Week 20

*congratulations to Emily Grace for winning last week's challenge* ...err two weeks ago...

This week the challenge is to design the front of a thank you notecard! You can use a photo or graphics in your design.

My entry is below as an example:

Requirements: 
        size: 4.25 x 5.5 in (396x306px--or an equivalent ratio)
        text: must say thank you, thanks, etc. (anything that gets the thank you message across to the reader!)
        colors: whatever you want to use!