Thursday, August 2, 2012

Introducing... DesignGirl

I am fifteen years old and I am the third in eight kids. :D I love photography, web development, graphic design, Frisbee, playing the piano, and hanging out with my siblings and friends. Are interests and hobbies different (mine aren’t)? I don’t really have a favorite subject in school, but I enjoy anything that is in a class setting (i.e. more than one person!)

I have always enjoyed fooling around on the computer, but about 2 years ago I discovered blogger and started my own private blog. I really hated the way my blog looked and so my friend helped me download Gimp which I used for most of the time. Then at the end of last year, my amazing dad went and bought my Photoshop Cs5! I really didn’t like it at first, but I has hired to re-do some sites and was then forced to use it.

My biggest goal this year is to launch a web assistant site for myself. I promise to give you updates if that ever takes off!

I am hoping that in being part of this community that I will be challenged to become a better designer and to get some (a lot) of tips on things!

Favorite Program? Are you kidding me… Photoshop CS5!
PC or MAC? Can this be a question of what I would like? I would like/LOVE a Mac, but right now I am still on a PC!

I do have a blog, but it is not quite finished yet! You can, however, check out my online magazine at http://centraloregonscraps.wordpress.com/ (Also, it is not limited to Oregonians!

Beauty in Design Challenge | week 29

*An important announcement first - we're going to be taking a break from the weekly challenge for a while. We've all had a great time with it, but I think that we need to take at least a couple months to relax. Let me know what you guys think about the challenge - if you think we should pick it up again in a few months or if we shouldn't. =) Okay, that's it! Thanks Marcia for the awesome challenge this week!*

The challenge this week is to create a branding/inspiration board... or a collage with your favorite photos, quotes, colors.. you get the idea. 

here are two examples that I made for my blog. 

photos via pintrest | made with pixlr

the only requirement is to be authentic. 

for some amazing inspiration go >>here<<