Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a little help, please?

Alright, so I am working on a design and my client would like to have one of Kevin & Amanda's fonts installed for her post titles, sidebar titles, etc... but I don't know how to do that. I have tried Amanda's tutorial many, many times, but I can never get past step #4. Can any one help me out? Maybe you have an easier way or a special little trick, or maybe even a different host. I really don't want to let my client down, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks in advance!

-Gracie

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello I'm Eyebright!

How old are you, and how many siblings do you have?
I am twenty years old, and I have three fabulous siblings. :)

What are your interests?
I am interested in blog design (of course!), photography, and homemaking.

Favorite hobbies?
I always have a hard time differentiating between interests and hobbies, but I enjoy knitting, reading, writing, and lots of other wonderfully crafty things.

Favorite subject in school?
I'm not in school anymore, but I really do like History. I love to read historical fiction and biographies, and look up interesting tidbits about different time periods.

When did you become interested in graphic design?
I probably became interested in graphic design shortly after I started my first blog on Homeschoolblogger.com. I started out like many others, with minor alterations to my templates.

Biggest goal for this year?
Honestly, my biggest goal for this year is to get a job. I am somewhat timid about this, so we'll see what happens! :D

What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of this community?
Learning! I know that there is so much information about designing blog templates that I have yet to learn, and I am super excited to have this community to learn from.

What's your favorite program to use when designing?
Gimp. I have Photoshop Elements 6, but I still prefer Gimp.

The big question - Mac or PC?
(hint - if you answer "mac" you might be out of favor with me. ;) Naw, just kidding.)
Currently I have a PC. A Dell Inspiron to be exact. However it's having issues, and so I would love to get a...Mac! (Hehe, sorry!) ;)

Do you have a personal blog we can connect with you on?
 Definitely! I blog at Defective Compositions, and would love to see you there!