Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's this font called?

Hey designers!

I've got a quick question: What is this font?
(I took this from goodmorninggirls.org)

I love this font, but I haven't been able to find out what it's called to download it. If any of you know, I'd really appreciate it!

-Annie

P.S. What are some of your favourite fonts that you'd recommend?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Help please?

I did something to the Gimp Toolbox...anybody know what went wrong & how to fix it? I can't change fonts, sizes, or colors on anything without it. I redownloaded Gimp, but it doesn't help. :-/

By the way, I'm new here! If you haven't noticed. I'm just going to post a few tutorials and some questions I have here from my other blog, Kendra Lynne Studios. Which by the way, everything is free. ;) Thanks for your help! 

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meet Annie

Hi everyone! My name's Annie Joy and I'm very excited to be joining this designer's community.

How old are you, and how many siblings do you have?
I'm 16, and I have two wonderful siblings (one of whom is in heaven).

What are your interests?
My interests are reading, writing, music, photography and of course, graphics design.

Favorite hobbies?
Reading inspiring Christian biographies, writing poems, playing my violin and taking photos of God's beautiful creation.

Favorite subject in school? 
This is always a hard one for me, because I like almost every subject! Probably Maths or Chemistry.

When did you become interested in graphic design?
I became interested in mid-2010, when I found out about graphics design, and got my first blog designed by the wonderful Nana. I became even more inspired after seeing the designs of several other talented designers, particularly Ara. And so I began dabbling in HTML and GIMP :)

Biggest goal for this year?
To cultivate my intimacy with my Beloved Jesus and to learn to love Him more everyday.

What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of this community?
To be able to interact with other like-minded designers, and to offer and accept advice and help each other out as we learn more about design.

What's your favorite program to use when designing?
I'm only familar with GIMP, so I wouldn't be able to say! Hopefully I get a chance to use Photoshop some day, but for now, GIMP is working great for me :)

The big question - Mac or PC?
(hint - if you answer "mac" you might be out of favor with me. ;) Naw, just kidding.)
Can I say I can't decide? Macs look awesome, but I have trouble using them. I've got an awesome tablet PC at the moment, which I'm very satisfied with, so I'll say I like both.

Do you have a personal blog we can connect with you on?
At the moment, I don't. (If I start one in future, I'll make sure I let you know.) I do contribute to The Pursuit, though, which is the blog of Passion Magazine (which I also write for).

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meet Nina

How old are you, and how many siblings do you have?
All I'm going to say is that I'm the youngest here..... I have an older sister, who also does graphic design, at WebRX she's really amazing when it comes to graphics. Be sure to check out her portfolio.... I love all her designs
What are your interests?
Besides Blog Design? Outdoors, Photography, Blogging, Sewing, and Baking.
Favorite hobbies?
Photography.
Favorite subject in school?
Writing
When did you become interested in graphic design?
When I wanted my blog to have a cute look, but didn't want the standard Shabby Blogs designs, I started looking for designers. Then I found this blog, and all the tutorials and began decorating my blog. I didn't call myself a graphic designer until I joined Spring Flowers Blog Design.
Biggest goal for this year?
Learning Javascript completely (I would have to say my knowledge of it is not excellent)
What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of this community?
Having all my questions about designs answered.
What's your favorite program to use when designing?
Gimp.
The big question - Mac or PC?
Linux. And PC sometimes, too.
Do you have a personal blog we can connect with you on? 
 Oh, definitely!
Sunlit Photography (personal)

With a Cherry On Top Blog Design 
Sunshine Blog Design

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tutorial Request

I would LOVE to know how you (Hannah) did your pages. (The placement and the dropdown.)