Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Beauty in Design Challenge//A Quick Break

I have been so happy to see the interest everyone has had in the challenge! It has definitely been fun to participate with you all and see what you create each week.

We've been holding the challenge for almost three months now, so we'll take a two-week break, starting now and ending on March 1st. In the meantime I'll compile another schedule list and send it out to everyone, so each of you will know when it's your turn to choose the challenge.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Godsgirlz1 said...

Can't wait for the next contest!

Eve Victorie said...

That sounds great! :)
Oh, by the way, Hannah, I have a question. I've been using your tutorial for custom font titles and it works really great... with some fonts that is. The current one on my main blog (Sweetly Broken) is getting cut off from the top (you can best see it here). I've tried everything I can think of - adjusting the line height, the tune height (setting it to 5 solved the problem if it getting cut off from the bottom), and numerous other little tweaks - but nothing seems to work. Here's the code (http://white-as-snowdesigns.webs.com/sweetlybroken-font/edit-me.js). Any ideas?
Thanks!

eve @ essence of eve

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

Hey Eve! Yeah, I've had that problem too. It seems like the handwritten/curly type fonts are harder to work with than the more blocked ones. =P I have a few tips that will hopefully help! =D First, try editing the post title css in the actual editme.js file...I've noticed that it can be finicky and sometimes only display the styling that's in that particular file, and not what's in your Blogger code. The other thing would be to add a specific height, to force the css to add more space for the text. Adding more padding would also be something to try.

Let me know if it works or if the problem still persists! Goodness knows I've had a time trying to get fonts to work right...it seems like half the time they work perfectly, and the other half they don't. =D