Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meet Annie

Hi everyone! My name's Annie Joy and I'm very excited to be joining this designer's community.

How old are you, and how many siblings do you have?
I'm 16, and I have two wonderful siblings (one of whom is in heaven).

What are your interests?
My interests are reading, writing, music, photography and of course, graphics design.

Favorite hobbies?
Reading inspiring Christian biographies, writing poems, playing my violin and taking photos of God's beautiful creation.

Favorite subject in school? 
This is always a hard one for me, because I like almost every subject! Probably Maths or Chemistry.

When did you become interested in graphic design?
I became interested in mid-2010, when I found out about graphics design, and got my first blog designed by the wonderful Nana. I became even more inspired after seeing the designs of several other talented designers, particularly Ara. And so I began dabbling in HTML and GIMP :)

Biggest goal for this year?
To cultivate my intimacy with my Beloved Jesus and to learn to love Him more everyday.

What are you looking forward to the most in being a part of this community?
To be able to interact with other like-minded designers, and to offer and accept advice and help each other out as we learn more about design.

What's your favorite program to use when designing?
I'm only familar with GIMP, so I wouldn't be able to say! Hopefully I get a chance to use Photoshop some day, but for now, GIMP is working great for me :)

The big question - Mac or PC?
(hint - if you answer "mac" you might be out of favor with me. ;) Naw, just kidding.)
Can I say I can't decide? Macs look awesome, but I have trouble using them. I've got an awesome tablet PC at the moment, which I'm very satisfied with, so I'll say I like both.

Do you have a personal blog we can connect with you on?
At the moment, I don't. (If I start one in future, I'll make sure I let you know.) I do contribute to The Pursuit, though, which is the blog of Passion Magazine (which I also write for).

4 comments:

Nina said...

Welcome, Annie!

silviasiantar said...

Really nice blog youve got. enjoyed reading it. keep in touch okay.

following u now.

silvia @ www.poisepolish.com

Hannah Rose Beasley said...

Welcome, Annie! Glad you're with us! =D

Annie Joy said...

Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all :)