Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Beauty in Design Challenge // Week 2

(fyi: Eve was unable to post this week, so I was asked to)
The winner from last week's challenge was Emily Grace, congratulations!

To start off, here are a few general rules about the challenge.
  1. Anyone can participate – no matter how old they are or if they are already a designer or not.
  2. Designs may be submitted during the first three days of the week, and voting will be held during the next four days. So check back!
  3. The schedule is up in the sidebar for who will be choosing the challenge each week. Again, there are no obligations to do this, so don’t feel pressured! =)
This week’s challenge is to design a recipe card for Georgia Pecan Cake! Feel free to use your imagination and creativity to come up with a great design that is easy to read – there are only a few requirements.
  1. You will be submitting one design of a recipe card for Georgia Pecan Cake in a .jpg or .png file and the size must be 4x6 in
  2. Your design must include the recipe below: 
  3. Georgia Pecan Cake
    1 c. butter, softened 
    2 c. sugar 
    4 eggs 
    1 t. vanilla extract 
    ½ t. lemon extract 
    3 c. flour 
    ¾ t. salt 
    ½ t. b.powder 
    ½ t. b.soda 
    1 c. buttermilk 
    1 c. chopped pecans 
     1.) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. 
     2.) Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set ¼ c. aside. Add the remaining flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Toss pecans with the reserved flour mixture; fold into batter. 
     3.) Pour into a greased and floured 10-in tube pan. Bake at 325* for 60-70 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. 
     4.) Cool for 10min before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. (optional) You may include this photo of the recipe in your design if you wish. Or your own photo if you take one of the cake using this recipe.  (feel free to manipulate the photo however you wish - for this project only)
  1. To enter, create your design for the recipe card and write a blog post about the challenge and your entry, and post your design for the recipe card in your post. Make sure to include a link back here or the button. Then submit the link to your post in the linkup below. 
  2. Have fun and be creative!
Feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have – and go link up! We’re looking forward to seeing all the entries. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would it be possible for you to e-mail me the picture without the watermark? Thanks!

Emilie
emmie0952-blog(at)yahoo(dot)com

Emily Grace said...

Thanks for letting me know that I accidentally uploaded the watermarked image--I updated the post. =)